Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Dealing with having bipolar isn't easy. Not only do we have our issues, we have to face the stigma & misinformation that exists in the world. Often dealing with this extra burden of trying to make sure those around you know what's real about it and what's not is both exhausting and stressful.

Over at The Glass House Girls Norah Mann recently made a guest post, I'm Not Crazy. I'm Bipolar. In the article she talks about her life, living with bipolar & dealing with the stigma that surrounds it. If you live with bipolar or know someone who does I encourage you to read it.



So why did I write this? Because you need to know, everyone needs to know, and hopefully it will help those living with the illness. But the main reason I wrote this was to tell you that those with Bipolar are not crazy. It’s time to end the stigma surrounding Bipolar, understand it, accept it and respect it. - Norah Mann

The information contained in this blog can not be considered medical advice. These are only my own thoughts, feelings & ideas. If you or someone you know are having problems with mental illness please seek qualified medical advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment